Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Journey is the Destination

I I know I'm not the only one who thinks that 2016 was, well...challenging. Personally, I've experienced deaths and difficulties and really shitty decisions I'm ashamed I made. The world in general has dealt with loss, and disappointment, and tragedy in unmatched (at least in terms of publicity) numbers. And the overall consensus seems to be:

It's weird, because I'm not sure it's typical for personal and public challenges  to align so directly for so many...yet here we are. So there are a lot of people suggesting that, in ideal circumstances, we try again...


Don't get me wrong; I don't entirely disagree. I voted straight Democrat (what can I say, I like the D! 😜), yet I haven't hopped aboard the apocalypse train. I suppose, at the end of the day, I consider myself a realist. That means, then, that I look for the possibility in every situation. So what is the possibility exactly? Well, there's this:



And then there's my daughter, who has achieved constant status as my Greatest Hope for the Future. She's creative and funny and smart and kind and...like, honestly, do you expect me to say every single thing that's amazing about her?! Because, really --


Oh, relax...I kid, I kid (kind of...I'm actually really digging on me lately)! See, sometimes it seems the world is falling apart around us; other times, it's like we're shattering around the world. And either way, that's okay: 


Because it's true, you know. Trial by fire is the only real test. And if we win? Well, then we have the honor of letting the fire, the light, burn through loud and proud. If we lose? Hey, man...we tried. Truth be told, yes: as a mother, as a teacher, as a woman -- I feel threatened and downright violated. It doesn't really matter, though. Because it's not about me. It's about what happens after me.


So what exactly do I expect to happen after me? It's simple, really. I expect passion and sincerity and the quest for what is right. Honestly? I've no clue. But I do know that, through it all, we keep trying. It might seem weird or tough or outright impossible...but we keep trying! 


And that, my friends..well, that's worth the time and effort. Because my baby??? And your baby, too? Let's keep fighting for that little bit of everything they hope to achieve. ❤


✌🏼

No comments:

Post a Comment